Thursday, January 31, 2008





By now we are half way to Brazil. Puerto Rico was a blast, I tried some strange food, explored Old San Juan and put good use to the little spanish that I learned in highschool. For the first time I felt like suffering through spanish classes for three years was worth it. The first night I saw the "biolumenecent bay" where a large population of microrganisms that emit light live in the still waters, but the human eye can detect them when its very dark and they are stimulated by movement. Basicly it was a normal kyak trip until we got to the bay, and whenever the water was stirred up it would shimmer, like pixie dust... I know you're probably thinking "Riiight, Porter must have had some really good Puerto Rican rum", well I did but that was a different night altogether. So the "bio bay" was really neat, its a natural phenomena that cannot be capured by normal photography. And Puerto Rico has something like 3 of the 5 birghtest occourences in the world. As for the rum, I did have a great DonQ mojito with my even more delicious dinner of a mahi-mahi cerviche with a creamy rizotto and some asparagus the next night. On our last day I did a canopy tour where we took ziplines through the mango and palm treetops. Lots of fun and the scenery was even more beautiful (BTW I'm not going into anything reguarding the 70/30 ratio of girls to guys on the boat, but its really not too bad)

5 comments:

kfurrh1999 said...

HEY!YOU FOUND HIM!You found my long lost Uncle Miquel!I knew you would! Man,great to see you are having a blast.Just a suggestion though, if you really want your blog readers to salivate over your dining choice,you might take the picture before you devour your entree.I mean don't get me wrong, from the looks of it I would still eat your left overs, it's just a suggestion.

Unknown said...

Porter, what great photos. You really have a good eye with that camera. Can't wait to see what you find to do in Salvador. Home group is coming over tonight minus Rich as he is out of town.. Found a Corgi breeder here in Dallas with a litter due in 2 or 3 days. xoxo,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Porter

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/08/photogalleries/dividedsoul/images/primary/030814_BrazilCarnival_n.jpg

Beware of vendors selling silver paint while in Brazil.

Uncle David

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds fantastic. Too bad about the girl/boy ratio.............=)

Unknown said...

can i have your hooka while your at sea? send me an email harry_fuqua@baylor.edu