Thursday, January 24, 2008

And We're Off


Today is my first day at sea, I woke up around 6:30 and went to the deck to see the sea sun and sky in all their glory. I'm still trying to find my sea legs, but I havent needed to take any nausea medicine so far, which is encouraging.

The Bahamas where great. We stayed at the Atlantis for several days leading up to my departure. I had the most fun meeting SaS kids at the water park on Tuesday. That night my parents took me to Graycliff, which is the only 5-star resturant in the Bahamas, amazing. The resturant is a house originally owned by a wealthy pirate, then proceded to change hands from british royalty and even was a US Naval post during the Cival War. When we arrived the host informed me that although they didn't allow shorts they had some pants on hand for me to change into, and I'm glad I did. Before dinner they sat us in parlor to look over the menu and decide on our meal while enjoying conversation and live piano. I had a nice juicy USDA Prime steak with delicious ceasar salad, I could definately taste the ancovie flavor in the dressing. Afterwards we returned to the parlor for some more drinks and a fresh hand rolled cigar from a Cuban gentleman that had been making cigars for 20 years. It was undoubtedly the best cigar I have ever smoked. We also met some great people over the course of the evening and included them in our after dinner festivities. One family who was also sending their son on the trip and a pair of ladies who where vactationing in the Bahamas.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great way to start your day. It is freezing cold here in Dallas. I thought the Graycliff was magic. Glad you enjoyed it. xoxo Mom

wilson at office said...

I will always remember that night. Walking up the steps anticipating a wonderful evening, of culturally poignant experiences. Sharing food, wine, music, new friends, sights, smells, the attention of gifted Bahamians at their best. A foretaste of your adventure to come.

Unknown said...

Uncle Robbie says he is very proud of you and may God bless you each and every day. May the Lord use you in the lives of others.

Unknown said...

hey porter anderson says watch out for pirates. we've been researching and we're pretty sure there are still some out there.

wilson at office said...

Wooop! Aggs beat TU and Baylor Plays TU on Sat night. LA was good w The Hammers. Keep up the good work.